Job/Date 1:
I thought this boy really liked me! I was fairly interested too, besides that he wanted a part time relationship. (He just couldn't commit to me all the way). He called me and we went on our first date. It was really good. The whole time he talked about how much he wanted to date me. He said he was so impressed with me and that I had all the qualities he wanted in a future wife. He said he was in a hurry so we planned a month to tie the knot. He told me to go ahead and talk to my parents and explain that was perfect and things were definitely going to work out. So I did. The word spread and everyone was so happy for me. I was about to call him up to tell him everything was a go, when instead i got a phone call saying he was still going on a few more dates. I was confused but maybe he had already committed to a first date with these girls. No biggie.
Second date comes around. It went great, in fact he introduced me to his family and gave me a little tour of his life. I felt good about it, but also a little weird.
After that, I got nothing for a long time. Then he sent me an email to break it off, but still let me know that hey, maybe timing just isn't right and it will work out later. And his new girlfriend took the time to call me so we could still be friends.
Job/Date 2:
With this potential blind date, I had a lot of people who wanted to set me up with him. Everyone kept trying to push us together. So we started out just emailing and trying to get to know each other a little bit. I told him a bit about myself, but as soon as I mentioned what school I had graduated from, he told me it was over, even before the first date. I kept leaving messages, asking him to give me a chance. All I wanted was a first date! But no.
In fact, my friend went on a date with him the next day! Now they are happily married.
Job/Date 3:
I received an email from a boy I had heard of, but not much. He asked me if I was still single and looking. I said yes and proceeded to tell him about myself. It was an amusing and short conversation so I told some of my friends about him. Soon after, I found out one of my friends had just been proposed to by the man and had accepted.
Job/Date 4:
This boy was my first choice, but I also had very little connection to him so I knew getting a first date would be tough. After a little introduction and some conversation, we went on our first date. I thought it went well! I had even bought a new outfit to gain some confidence. But after my last few dates, I didn't dare think much of it. It went well in my eyes but I knew he was a well sought after man.
Some time went by, I went ahead and sent him a little thank you for our date. And I just hoped and hoped and prayed for things to work out. It was nerve wracking. Then he called! But I was on the train and didn't dare answer. Who wants to talk to the man of your dreams while everyone is listening? Luckily, he left a message, saying he'd try to call me the next day and he was interested but he'd talk about it more later.
I tried calling him back as soon as I got off the train but his phone was off. So I left a message and waited frantically. What could this mean? I listened to the message over and over again, analyzing left and right. The next day I glanced at my phone at least every minute just in hopes that he would call at that moment. I could barely run to the restroom in case my phone went off while I was in there. But at last he called, and...
I GOT THE JOB!!!
After some crazy searching and stressing and praying, I am engaged to my dream job. I will be starting in a couple of weeks and I am so excited! More to come, but Eric and I are very happy and blessed and grateful.
Congratulations! That is so exciting!
ReplyDeleteWhat is your new job?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteMy Wife is amazing that is for sure
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone! I am excited! I am going to be working at GSBS!
ReplyDelete