Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Top Ten (+) Ways to Hug

A production by me and my bro (and my sis and my mom)


The loner hug
This is the hug you see when a man is lonely and just wants someone to hold and to be held at the same time. It actually works quite well. As long as no one is watching.



The "I love my man" hug.
This one is typically seen on engagement photos, showing off the wedding ring. It also is an opportunity to touch the man awkwardly and show all your friends.



The dancing hug

This is a good one for when you are on the move. just as long as you are heading in the right direction. also a great one when accompanied by the song of "i will show you the world"



I love my daddy hug
What little kid hasn't done this one? It's a great one where because you are just "so adorable" your dad can't get that mad at you. fails a little bit over time...



Hero Hug

Yep, you've all seen it. Girl: "Oh I"m so scared!" Boy: "Don't worry, I will protect you!" works everytime without fail. unless the boy is the villain.




The Airplane Hug
This is where it just gets awkward as to where your arms go. So you compromise: one over, one under. It's also really good for the swaying motion when you are clasped to each other.



The "I love you more than your life!"

Yep a killer. Their head just might pop off. But as long as he knows you love him, it doesn't matter.





The Group Hug
Always brought up as a suggestion. Always awkward heights of inappropriate face plants and smelling everyone's hair products.



The Man Hug
No, this one wasn't demonstrated very well but mostly because I'm not a guy. But you've all seen it. The handshake and one solid pat on the back. A quick back up out of it.



The Jump Hug
Hint for success: Make sure the guy is prepared for it.




The baby hug

Mostly seen with a pregnant woman in front and the man is gently caressing the baby/child. (I didn't feel like being pregnant that day so I made jacob do it.) Also a hilarious hug to see when people decide to walk during the same time. Why people think that's a smart idea i'll never know.





The awkward side hug for a picture pose
"yep we are just best friends! so happy to be with each other! yep look at our arms around each other! isn't that enough lovin?"




The Awkward first date hug

usually when a date has gone badly or after a dance when you are 14 and you just do not want to touch each other... its a bit hard to give a hug with no contact.



The unexpected hug

When one person goes in for the hug while the other reacts in an "UH!" when they realize their breath has left them quite unexpectedly.



The Lift
This is what jacob is known for. the hug and lift and sometime swing around.. and never let go. ever. still a very awesome hug.


So there you have it! Some of the best hugs out there. Also if you ever need a hug, I take requests and I am a pro at all of them... not to brag or anything.

4 comments:

  1. Words cannot express how AWESOME this post is! I feel like this should be in a dating textbook! I might just have to print this off for future reference. It might be kind of cool for people to comment on any other hugs they are aware of, and keep a running list. The only ones I can think of that might not be included are the romantic embrace, where the girls arms are around the guys neck, and the guys arms are around her waist. There is also the make-out hug, which is super awkward, and I never ever want anyone to do it to me, but it's that weird thing where you hug someone and violently caress their hair and back as if you are passionately making out with them. There is my contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin cute! And so is that brother of yours! Love you both. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I laughed out loud. A lot. It was awesome.

    Thank you. :) Love the pictures. Love your family! Truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kendra you will never cease to amaze me with your wondrous thoughts. Amazing. You and Jacob (and Lindsey and Mom) are super at demonstrations. I cannot WAIT to see more!

    ReplyDelete