Today I went to the Post Office. I stood in line for a while and finally got to the front.
A lady was working there with wide eyes, like she was surprised to be there and seeing all these people and their mail.
"Hi, what is the best way to send this tape?"
...silence..."hmmm... probably a padded envelope."
awkward silence... "ok, do you happen to have any?" i figured they did, i mean this is a post office after all.
"uh. i'm not sure."
....
"could you get me one?"
"oh... let me go look back here."
so i waited awkwardly, wishing my sister was here who always gives me good luck at post offices.
she comes back, "I think this will work ok."
"ok great. thank you. do regular postage stamps work?"
"yes."
"...ok... so i can just take this home and use my own stamps?"
"no." i was overwhelmed by her helpful attitude.
"ok, do i need to send this from here?"
"yes."
"ok let me fill out the address. do you have a pen?"
she wasn't sure. so i told her i might have one. she pulled one out, but when she saw me looking, decided i didn't need hers. so i continued to look in my purse. don't worry, i found one.
"ok how much will this cost?"
"i'm not sure... under $30"
what??? seriously? this little tiny tape could be up to $30?? maybe she's joking...
"$2 please"
i swipe my card, relieved to hear i got such a great discount.
i turn to leave and hear, "now that wasn't so hard was it?"
nope, not so hard at all.
LOL that's awesome! I'm glad to hear you mailed the tape. I'm anxious to hear all about how it is received. So guess what! I was also at the post office mailing something to a missionary today! The only difference is the missionary I was mailing something to is my brother. Also I wasn't sending him a tape. I sent him a 1956 Gillette razor. :)
ReplyDeleteKentra! This is hilarious. I'm so glad you shared this story! Sounds like it was quite the adventure.
ReplyDeletehaha, oh my gosh, this makes me laugh so hard! Gotta love those helpful post office people I've had experiences like this too, only my package really did cost that much... I didn't get a great discount like you.
ReplyDelete