so this last weekend i had a family reunion at Bear Lake.
sometimes my family and i like to do weird things... like pretend we are playing survivor, without anyone knowing...
(don't worry, we didn't vote anyone off...)
So here are the challenges and rewards of "Survivor"
Challenge #1: Immerse self in freezing cold water
Ok, not exaggerating, this water was cold!!! really cold... probably 33 degrees because it wasn't frozen but it was close... Lindsey, Dad, and I were the only ones brave enough to do it this day.
Challenge #2: Sleep through snoring symphony
So it wasn't that bad... but it was still hilarious. A lot of the family stayed upstairs and while there were separate rooms for everyone to sleep in, there was room above the walls so everyone could hear everything. Loved it!
Challenge #3: Cave spelunking
Some of us went to see the Minnetonka Cave. All of the papers for it said 444 stairs, but they forgot to mention you'd cross each stair twice.... yep 888 steps! It was a lot of fun tho. Really cool water falls, formations, and porcupine bones.
Challenge #4: Prove to everyone that we are tough enough to go swimming again
Yep. We did it again. And believe it or not, it was still really cold! weird... luckily we got more people to enjoy it this time.
Challenge #5: Play card game in elevator
I fulfilled one of my life dreams and played phase 10 in the elevator with my best friends. It was really fun! Except I think we maybe annoyed a lot of people... and the game got interrupted by some zombies and vampires.
Challenge #6: Minute to Win it!
Have you ever seen this show? I haven't but we played some of the games and it was super fun. Penny Hose, pulling tissues out of a tissue box, putting a puzzle together, knocking cans with a tail, rubber band shooting, color matching, balancing golf balls and soda cans, and blowing bubbles through a hoop.
Challenge #7: Live through the night after Uncle Doug's scary stories
The title basically explains itself. Doug, you are a great story teller!
Reward #1: Family!
It was so good to see everyone who came! Thanks for the great weekend!
Reward #2: Food
There was some great food... and we never came close to starving like a real survivor would. we've got some great cooks in the fam!
Reward #3: Lots of smiles
This was really fun! And all the little cousins were so great. Trapping them behind desks, calling dad the man with the gray hair (even tho he barely has any) and just talking away with everyone. Thanks everyone!
Hooray I love me a cold Bear Lake. I have such good memories with it. Also Minnetonka . . .my summer tradition since '08. We are going this summer too - we'll see if you are around. Glad you had fun!
ReplyDeleteI love you!
Your family is intense! If I ever did that with my family, I would insist on being able to vote people off. I would totally form alliances to kick a few certain individuals off of family survivor. I am ruthless! I would probably get kicked off first though, because there is no way I would swim in freezing water. :(
ReplyDelete