Thursday, July 1, 2010

the day i became a man

a lot of my family happens to be gone on a pioneer trek and i was just thinking about when i had that great adventure.

you see, it started out great. pushin and pullin like real pros. then night came, so we ate our hard tac and broth (yeah really good) and set up our sleeping burritos under the stars for the night.

it was a gorgeous night! but it didn't last long.

the sky started leaking. and then it was raining. and then it was pouring.

i woke up hearing people crying and freezing and groaning and trying to get the courage to get out of their sleeping bag and into a newly set up tent (newly because they figured we wouldn't need them)

as for me, i had a pretty large puddle in my sleeping bag but i figured if i just curled up into the dry corner i would be fine.

but then i realized how badly i needed to relieve myself.

so here i was, trying to stay dry but also dying because i really had to go!!

so bravely i jumped out into the windy rain and into the dark while listening to everyone moaning and hoping that everyone was too busy being miserably soaked to notice me lift up my nightgown and pull down my bloomers.

and that was the day i became a man.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kendra, your stories fill me with happiness. I went on a pioneer trek once. Yeah, I'm not doing that again. I must be lame because I just don't get into all that pioneer stuff. Your experience sounds very similar to mine, all except for the part with the bloomers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I just laughed out loud. Thank you for that. So fabulous. You're so brave.

    ReplyDelete