after being introduced he tells you he's actually 21.
he tells you he's planning on going to USU after he sees what shirt you are wearing.
he tries to impress you by eating raw onions and mushrooms.
he moves into the kitchen because that is where you are preparing the food.
its not just you who notices all of this behavior, your family notices too.
he starts coming over more.
You know you're not interested when...
you quickly tell him that USU is great! and that you're graduating in december.
when you get out of the shower and hear the missionaries, you decide to get back in.
you miss a delicious lasagna dinner because the missionaries are invited over.
you drive home from work, see two bikes in the driveway and decide you want to go shopping
yep. true story. don't get me wrong! i love missionaries and the great work they do! but only when they are doing that great work they do...
Ha! Luckily I never had a companion who flirted with member girls, but I have heard lots of stories. I suppose you have to cut them a little slack because 19-21 year old boys probably have to exercise a lot of self control to avoid flirting with pretty girls.
ReplyDeleteI was always socially awkward when I was younger, which is probably why I didn't struggle with that. Yeah, the whole arms-length rule was definitely one I could obey. :)
So true. Sounds like one of my companions (sadly). Only I think the girl was interested...
ReplyDelete