I think Congratulations are in order to our parents. They successfully tricked us this Christmas.
You see, Eric and I give our parents separate lists so they won't give us the same things. Eric and I give them a variety on each list to choose from- a grill on the Mills list, and a Blu Ray player on the Ames list.
On Christmas morning, we made our way over to my parents house to exchange gifts. We opened the gift from our parents to find... barbecue grill tools! They led us to the garage to find an amazing grill! (Yes, we will definitely be having summer parties!) But oh no.... what were we going to do with 2 grills???
We were so excited, but a little worried as well. Actually, the drive over to Eric's parents was full of "How are we going to get the receipt?" "How are we going to do this without offending one or the other?" "We are going to have to invite a whole lot of people to put 2 grills to use!"
Well, what do you know, the Mills gave us a Blu Ray player! I guess that's what happens when our dads have band camp connections. It was a well thought out plan, and we were definitely fooled.
Thank you to both of you, for the amazing gifts! We were definitely spoiled.
By the way, pretty sure I woke up the earliest to open presents with my husband! Can anyone else beat 2 am???
No comments:
Post a Comment