Life as a new mother is certainly interesting. Add to that, taking care of two babies and it is mind boggling.
We are adjusting and it is wonderful! Even though some things are rough and we have so much to learn, we are truly the luckiest parents to have these two beautiful girls.
We have been home for two weeks! Here are some phone pictures and some wisdom we have learned so far:
You know your husband is tired when he wakes up and asks you to please take the baby from him when both are already awake and downstairs.
It took a study of the placenta after they were born to find out that the girls are indeed identical. Although I think I could have guessed that based on their crying faces alone.
You know you must look tired when you go in to the doctor and they offer to be your excuse so you can sit in the waiting room and take a break as long as you need. "Sorry, honey, the doctor just had to run off and deliver 3 babies! I'll be here a while..."


Embrace help! I made it a goal to take care of both babies through the night by myself. Now that I've accomplished it, I've made it a goal to never act so dumb again when help is right downstairs.


Real life is easy when your dreams consist of having quadruplets or three sets of twins.

It is possible to sleep and feed a baby at the same time.


Try not to be too efficient with changing diapers. It's actually a better idea to wait until they really are done instead of trying to catch the poop as it comes out and using twenty wipes to do so.


Sleeping in a puddle of baby spit up and wearing the same clothes for three days in a row doesn't seem that bad when you are sleep deprived.


Actually, bodily fluids are just not a big deal anymore. So I thought after spending a long night with these little girls only to get peed on by our dog. Exactly just whose territory am I?

Suddenly there is a bizarre amount of room between the steering wheel and me.

Umbilical cords don't come out THAT early- As discovered when the black thing I found while changing a diaper was actually an olive that fell off a pizza while eating over a baby. Thank you, Eric.

These girls have indeed stolen our hearts. We love them!










Ha ha ha! This made my day. Also, Sam's cord took 3 weeks to fall off. I need to come meet your cute babies!
ReplyDelete