Thursday, June 11, 2015

Happy 4 Year Anniversary!

Dear Eric,

Happy Anniversary! Can you believe it has been four years? Definitely the happiest four years of my life. Here are my favorite moments with you from this last year. I have to say, it was hard to narrow it down- it has been a big year for us!

10. Remember those nights we didn't get any sleep?. As silly as this sounds, those are some of my favorite times with you. Either you'd be talking in your sleep, searching for babies in our bed when they were in their cribs, or we'd be holding the babies in our arms all night long. And even when you were working, you managed to help me out by sending me ridiculous texts throughout the night. Like when we had that emoticon battle to see who could imitate what. But, let's be honest, better than all those sleepless nights, was that one night we got them in their crib and they actually slept. Miracle of miracles! We survived and are still surviving!



9. Thank you for being the best breakfast maker of all time. Thank you for making all our dinners for a long time. Thank you especially for making me a million sandwiches once I could actually eat them after being pregnant. Really, thank you for just accepting my ginormous appetite since I'm breastfeeding twins and I turn into the incredible hangry hulk once in a while... ooops. On the completely opposite side, thank you for finishing all of my meals while I was pregnant.

8. I'm so happy that I married a big dreamer. Even when I act stressed or overwhelmed at your plans, I love that you will always dream big about our future. You've already made my dreams come true!

7. One of the happiest memories from this last year was canning peaches with you. For some reason, learning something new and spending all night trying to figure it out while battling a sticky mess was fantastic! And even though our peaches aren't the prettiest, they sure taste the best!



6. Going on trips with you has always been so much fun. Adding babies to the mix makes for a wild adventure. Thank you for making it all happen! Whether it is camping, or a day trip, or going up to Idaho for a wedding, I love going places with you.



5. Speaking of going places, thank you so much for all the times you have managed to get me out of the house with the babies! Some of my favorite "dates" have been walking around Target, and now going grocery shopping with a double stroller and a grocery cart and my weird new couponing hobby has definitely made shopping a fun experience. Then there are the walks around Daybreak Lake, where we have our double stroller and Scout trying to pull us along as we attempt to jog. Are we a circus or what?



4. The baby room has become one of my favorite rooms in the house. Maybe it is because the babies actually sleep in there (victory!) but mostly I think it's because of how much time we spent working on it. From spray painting the shelves and cubes to putting up that tree I so stubbornly wanted, thank you for making it all happen. 

3. Remember when we found out we were having twins and you declared how efficient we are? Remember how we got you a "real men make twins" shirt and we finally told the world our big news? I don't think I will ever forget the proud and happy smile on your face. Becoming a daddy has really made you a "real man". 




2. Our baby blessing day will definitely stand out as a favorite for me for so many reasons. I can't believe you convinced me that we could have a party that big at our house. I thought for sure there wouldn't be enough room. But, thanks to the warm weather, you proved me wrong. Did you hear that? You were right. And now you have it in writing for the whole world to see. And what a party that was! It was a definite success. But another reason I love that day is because you blessed our baby girls. I'm so grateful you have the priesthood, that you are close to Heavenly Father, and that you are the perfect daddy for our baby girls. 




1. As obvious as it may be, number one is when our babies were born. Remember what a crazy experience that was? Definitely not how I ever imagined it. To arrive at the hospital calmly, ready for my c section. How you held my hand as I made myself "comfortable" on the operating table. The fact that you actually watched the whole process and gave me a play-by-play of-

"you really can't feel that?"

"Wow, I can see everything in there!"

"Oh man that baby is huge! Is there really another one?"

And then, your text to announce that our baby girls had arrived, "Too easy."

Oh Eric, I didn't know that having major surgery could ever be so much fun! And your retelling of it just got better and better. 




But really, becoming parents together has been the best experience ever. I'm so happy we have our little girls. And I'm so happy I have you. I love you forever and for always. Happy Anniversary, Eric. 









No comments:

Post a Comment