So usually watching or reading the news is way depressing. There is a lot of terrible stuff going on in the world right now. You can't look anywhere without seeing tragedy. Luckily, there is also the good, hilarious news.
For example, while there is a lot of news about gay marriage and traditional marriage, ever hear of dolphin marriage? Yep, that's right. Woman marries dolphin. I wonder how they are doing?
Or I know a lot of stories about losing weight and the greatest diets. These ducks learned their lesson. Ducks too fat to fly away.
What about news about the traffic? Always something good to check up on before leaving for a road trip. Make sure to keep this one in mind. Chicken plays chicken with drivers.
There are also some great heroes in the world, doing their duty to protect us. Like this woman. I promise the energy drinks aren't worth it. Orem woman tackles shoplifter.
I also love the stories of how smart some people are.
Man coughs up ring he tried to steal
Flashing teen guilty after being hit by a car
Woman claims white powder came from doughnut
Wyoming suspect flees into police station
And if you are into the celebrity gossip, what better than the national enquirer? Seriously, those writers have way too much fun.
And I always look forward to the USU's Statesman's Police Blotter every monday. So good!
I guess it just goes to prove that there is always some good amidst all the bad. :)
I like reading the paper too, but only because I feel guilty if I do the crossword puzzle without having read any of the actual articles. Perhaps what I need is a book of nothing but crossword puzzles. Such an item would keep me occupied for an indefinite amount of time.
ReplyDelete