Day of Love. Single Awareness Day. Tandoori Day. Restaurants-crowded-beyond-all-reason day. The best day of the year for florists and candy makers
Yep February 14th is all of these days. People hate it. Love it. Ignore it.
Kinda funny how most single people hate it. How its the perfect day for a pity party and lots of chick flicks. On the other hand, lots of singles embrace it, scoffing at the couples stressing over what to get each other. My favorite is being part of a singles ward where they highly encourage dates on this particular day. They might even have a stake dance to easily snatch your special someone.
I also love the awkward moments when someone likes you, but you don't like them... For example, one time I came home late from school on a normal February 14th, excited to go to bed, when there's a single rose waiting for me. I find out it's from neighbor looking for a date at the last minute.
Last year I had an amazing Valentine's Day with my awesome friend Bill. We decided to just get each other things like couples do and we even managed to get each other the same lovestruck stuffed dog. Yep pretty awesome.
My family is the BEST when is comes to Valentine's Day. At college, they have mailed me packages of lots of goodies for me and my roommates. They made amazing cookies this year and my sister sent me some incredible socks. Yeah its basically like Christmas :) I love my family!

This was one of the best holidays in elementary school. Remember when you'd have that contest of decorating shoeboxes and bringing the best valentines to pass out? Remember reading the valentines while stuffing your face with candy in hopes that there might be a secret message in one of those valentines? I decided I love this. So I've been passing out some Valentines to random people on campus. I've been getting a lot of weird reactions for some reason... This one is my favorite:

My roommates Ash and I have decided that the Tandoori Oven, an Indian restaurant inside a gas station, is the place of love. This is where love happens. Someday I hope to go there on a Valentine's Day. We have even started making a Tandoori soundtrack full of love songs from the greatest musicals.
Valentine's is pretty interesting. I don't really know if I like it or not. I love the elementary school part and the family part but the rest is just kinda weird. Even when you're dating someone it's not that great because people give things because they feel obligated. I'd rather get flowers or a date on a random surprise day. The best part about this is that Kendall is just that way. He has sent me flowers for no reason and even our grocery shopping dates are magical :) So even though we're not doing anything necessarily for Valentine's day, we're spending the weekend together in his paradise and I'm so excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment