Tuesday, December 27, 2011

christmas!

Wasn't Christmas beautiful this year?

2 family parties last weekend, 2 family parties Christmas weekend, and of course we partied with our families all Christmas day. I have to say that it is really cool when you get to open gifts in the morning with one family, go over to the next and open more presents, and then go home and open our presents to each other! I'll be the first to admit, we were way too spoiled. We are so happy to have the best families ever!

Some of the mishaps included - loading the car early in the morning to drive over to family only to find your car was egged. Also, being really excited to give our parents a special gift, only to find out that Santa beat us to it.

Also, I really loved having Christmas on Sunday. The Christmas program at church was so perfect. The Bishop in the ward talked about how we all have our own unique gifts we need to receive from our Heavenly Father, and that of course includes the gift of Christ. What a great time of year to feel that warmth in our hearts.

And... we got to talk to Elder Ames for 2 hours!!! We haven't talked since Mother's Day, which was before we were married. Isn't that crazy? He is doing fabulous, by the way. He sounded so happy and it was so great to hear from him.

Sadly, I didn't take many pictures this year like I had planned, but I have to say, it was a perfect, first Christmas together. Sorry for the brief post about something that deserves much more, but we are so happy and blessed! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment