Most of us made ourselves comfortable for the wait.
Eric and I played small head big head.
And my mom... well, she twisted, and braided, and untwisted the balloon strings.
She tried to get the best sneak peek view

And she paced. and paced. and paced.

Eventually, we all held our signs and balloons and anxiously waited.
The whole while, we got comments like,
"He's a great kid"
"He sat five rows behind us"
"He is on his way!"
"We had dinner with him in Atlanta, great guy."
"He's the one in the hat"
And we kept waiting.
And then he came! Finally.
And there were hugs all around and happiness galore!
Welcome home Elder Ames!
By the way, it's World Smile Day- and who couldn't stop smiling with Jacob back home??













I really got caught up in the emotions of your experience. Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to seeing Jacob tonight.
ReplyDelete