Eric and I have had a great Memorial Day weekend- with a few exceptions. We went down to Emery County to go camping and be with family. Eric and I went down after church on Sunday and made smores while playing scum. It was really fun!
Then, Monday morning, I woke up and my allergies were really getting to me. I started sneezing like crazy. On my 8th sneeze, my back wigged out. And I mean it wigged out badly. Suddenly, I couldn't stand, sit, or anything. I just knew I was in pain. After some time, I managed to sit down in a chair in a position that really stuck out my stomach (Garrett thought I was pregnant). It was dreadful. After a great priesthood blessing, I managed the most embarrassing and awkward bathroom trip (Thank you Pam!) and got in the car for a 2 hour ride to the Riverton hospital.
The emergency room is not a fun place to hang out, but my family came and we hung out in the lobby for a bit. After struggling to get in the hospital gown (seriously? who designed those things? There should at least be a "how to" page) and on the bed with lots of help and strong people, I finally met with some nurses and doctors. I had an IV with lots of drugs and I was finally out of pain.
In the meantime, I am home and getting better ! Eric has made me a potty chart with my own special stickers to earn, and my family has brought me some food and has been so wonderful! Really, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me so far, including awkward bathroom trips, getting in and out of cars, ice packs, towel belts, funny stories, feeding me fork by fork, human crutches, bringing by food, letting me cry, just everything. THANK YOU!
Oh my goodness! That is crazy! Hope you're feeling better soon Kendra!
ReplyDelete