On November 23rd, my dad and I participated in the Treglown 5k to support our friends. I've always hated running, so I sort of ran at the beginning and the end and walked the rest. My dad has been running and participating in all kinds of 5ks and events for a while, but was nice enough to walk with me, and I enjoyed it! But I also thought how awesome it would be to actually run a whole 5k with him and decided why not? So my Dad signed us up for the Gold Rush on March 17th.
I downloaded the C25K app on my phone, made a workout playlist, and signed up for the gym. The first day I ran in small intervals of 1 minute straight with walking in between. Talk about a small start! The day I ran 2 miles straight was one of my favorite days- I was so happy! And dead. My heart rate was at 200! I only know because I had to grab the handles/ heart rate sensor on the treadmill.
After the weather warmed up, my dad convinced me to run outside. So much better! I went from running 2 miles to 3.5! Not as fast as on the treadmill, but I was so happy! Since then I've been running outside and loving it! Who would have thought I'd ever love running? And maybe loving it is a stretch, but I love how I feel afterwards.
So yesterday, we did it! We ran that stinkin' 5k in the freezing wind and finished just before the snow started to fall. Thank you, Dad, for running it with me and pushing me to accomplish something I thought I couldn't do. Love you!

Yay Kendra! That's so awesome. :)
ReplyDelete