Thursday, April 16, 2015

Blessing Day, Dad of Twins, & SAHM

Our sweet baby girls were blessed on Sunday. My mom made the most beautiful dresses for them. She even made slips! I'm grateful she made two so that I didn't have to go through my plan with having an intermission between the blessings and switching the dress from one baby to the next. And miracle of miracles, the girls didn't have a blow out, even while wearing them most of the day.

 It was such a perfect day. In fact, we were lucky it was such a perfect day since after much convincing from Eric, we decided to host a get together at our house after the meeting. Our house is pretty small for hosting such a large amount of people, so our backyard was in full use, and the weather was brilliant! Especially considering two days later it was ridiculously windy and then the most snow we had all season the day after that. Gotta love Utah weather.


I'm so grateful we had so many people come. We have such wonderful friends and family! We pulled off the biggest party we've ever hosted, and it is really because everyone was so helpful in bringing food, helping set things up, serving food, cleaning up and just coming to support! All week I ran around in the same clothes and no shower, but the day of the party was wonderful and I was able to enjoy every moment of it. Thank you!

Here are the girls' great grandmothers, Glade and Ila, their namesakes for the middle names.



I am also so grateful for the priesthood. The fact is, we had so many worthy priesthood holders come that we split up our large group for each blessing! I'm grateful that Eric is a worthy priesthood holder and was able to perform the blessings for our girls.



Speaking of Eric, he is such a fantastic dad. Being a dad of twins, he has really stepped up to plate. He makes most of our meals, works full time, goes to school, plays with the babies, deals with the gallons of spit up we get daily, and just loves them so much.

The other day, we went to Target and he was pushing our double stroller. I was in another aisle and heard a guy say something like, "Man, sorry you got stuck with twins." Eric promptly responded with, "Sorry? I wouldn't trade them for the world!" And that's why I fall more and more in love with this man every day.

This past week, we made the decision that, right now, I need to be a stay at home mommy for my girls. I am so grateful to GSBS Architects for the wonderful time I have worked there, the experiences I have had, and the friends I have made. They have been so wonderful. Now it's time for another phase in my life, where I get to stay home with my babies, and I'm so grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment