Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Easter, camping, and the little things

I'm a little behind.... it's like I'm busy chasing two little girls all day and have no energy to blog anymore. But there are some things I want to remember, whether its Easter, camping, or all the little things.

Easter was great, but also not at all how I expected it to go. The Easter Bunny hid eggs around the house and then that morning had the girls look for them. However, they quickly figured out how to open the eggs and spill the candy everywhere, and of course how to eat as much as they could. So in reality, Easter morning was all about us parents finding the eggs before the girls so that the candy didn't get spilled everywhere and eaten too quickly.

Not that it really worked out, they still ate a ton of sugar and it made for the craziest day at church. We really try to stick it out through the full block of church but on Easter, we were lucky to make it through Sacrament meeting before going crazy and canceling sugar on Easter forever. Although, I'm still considering making a deal with the Easter Bunny to come on the Saturday before Easter.

Despite the madness of it all, the girls looked especially cute in their Easter dresses.





Oakley and Adelyn are so much fun and have endless energy all day, everyday. It has been fun watching them become really close friends/ frenemies. Oakley tends to go after everything Adelyn has, whether Oakley already has the same thing in her possession or not. She is all about stealing from Adelyn and tackling her. It's a good thing Adelyn is really easy going and just deals with it.




But lately, they have started to figure out how to share. At meal times, they take the food they don't like and put it on the other's high chair tray (as long as it doesn't hit the floor, I'm a happy mama). They've always fought over these little cars (we have two for a reason but they forget that) and one day they figured out that they could both fit on one! Too bad the car can't go in two different directions at the same time.


We've always had some March Madness fun lately and have been helping the girls get into it. They are starting to throw the ball and love to make dunks. Scout is going to be very pleased once they figure out how to throw the ball a little farther than one foot.


 The girls also like to do yoga. I wish I could take credit and say they get it from me... but no.


Pi Day! They loved their pie, but I'm sure they question why I have to take a picture of everything.


We painted our nails green for St Patrick's Day! And for those of you wondering how I did it, about two fingers at a time, and then switch girls. Oh, and insta dry nail polish! Seriously, the only way it was going to happen.



These girls love their daddy. When they hear sounds from upstairs or downstairs (he works in our basement), they automatically stop what they are doing and say, "Da Da?" Sometimes that fourteen steps is too far, so they will get their pretend phones and call him while he is at work. I can only imagine what they must be telling him. Also, I'm impressed they even know that phones are used for talking. ;)


Eric and I went to our first caucus! I mean, dream come true, right? And yes, it was a little different from what we expected but we were pretty proud of ourselves for getting politically involved.


Our girls have become really good at hiding things (like better than the Easter bunny kind of good) and sometimes we can't find things for a long time. We found one of their shoes in the garbage, one of their sippy cups in the towel drawer (who knows where all the towels went), etc, etc.



We got ourselves a minivan! And we are super excited! Okay, the truth is, I'm super excited and I'm convincing Eric, slowly but surely, that this is super exciting.



We went camping this last weekend with the Mills down in the desert and took the girls four wheeling, which they loved! They really enjoyed it, so much so that they often fell asleep.





We discovered that we might need to get the girls some trikes fairly soon. They were very fascinated with this bike.



We put on our matching bandanas!


Driving the side-by-side


We put their car seats in the back and went for a little ride. And yes, they went right to sleep.

Some of the group! We were lucky to have my parents join too, so having two sets of grandparents was a huge help! Plus we got to sleep in their nice, new, warm trailer.



Dusty family pic!

We were lucky enough to have smart cousins who brought toys to play in the dirt. Oakley and Adelyn loved them.


In front of the wedge at the San Rafael swell.

We also saw a dinosaur print and some fantastic petroglyphs and pictographs.



And then we came home to a big giant laundry day, pretty much the girls' favorite day of the week as you can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment