Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Desert Star

Desert Star.
If you haven't gone, GO. Especially for their current show. Twi-lite.
Who doesn't like to make fun of sparkling vampires? Or really, who doesn't like to make fun of the people who like sparkling vampires?
It was so great! no joke. If you won't take my word for it, take hyde's. I might be a little biased as I had my first kiss there....

Yes. Ed Farnsworth was my first kiss.

You see, we had gone to a regular show. Pirates of the Caribbean to be more specific. And if you've ever been there, you know they like to celebrate birthdays, long distance travellers (like people who drive from castledale to logan to salt lake), and anniversaries/ dates.

On this particular summer day, no one was celebrating marriage. So of course he asked who was on a date, many people volunteered. Then he asked who really liked the person they were with, in which my date raised his hand.

Caution: if you do not want to get embarrassed, don't raise your hand at desert star. altho sometimes you don't have a choice.

So Ed, the man who was "celebrating" every occasion, told us to dance to "Let me call you Sweetheart" and kiss at the end of the song.

Eric, my date, kinda freaked out. Went pale. Silent. Shrunk back in his seat.

Now this part I sometimes leave out, but Ed asked Eric if since he wouldn't do it, if he wouldn't mind if he, himself, Ed, could do it instea
d. (Sorry that sentence was worded poorly. But I don't care to fix it. )

Eric didn't mind.

So Ed came off the stage, to the back of the room. The music started playing, and we started dancing. He sang to me. I couldn't look into his eyes. (partly because he was dressed up as a dorky pirate and had crazy eyeliner on )

Side Note: You know in Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and everyone holds their breath and stares as food starts falling everywhere? Yeah this was everyone's facial expression.


Did I forget to mention that I worked there? Or that people from my ward were there? Or that we were on a double date with a couple of really good friends?

Ok So here we are dancing in circles, i'm staring over his shoulder looking at all of these cloudy-with-a-chance-of-meatball-faces (Eric's being the worst), and the song ends. Ed looks down and says, "Lift your head sweetheart." I look up and WHAM!

a long, hard kiss.

Later, he said, "she will be the fire of my dreams for the next week." This was after he found out I worked there.

Can I just say that that was the most awkward ride home? Yeah. Pretty hilarious. (At least I thought so... ) And this was the matinee show. Yep. I had to go back to work that night.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. That is quite possibly the best first kiss story I have ever heard. I love how it wasn't even with the guy you were on a date with. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kend. One day I will share my first kiss story with you, but for now . . . I cannot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kendrick with every telling of this story I learn more details.... Kinda afraid to hear it too many more times for fear of what new details will come to the surface :) awesome story though and I love how you tied Cloudy into this story. DESERT STAR ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete