Well hello and welcome! As I take you on this tour of the old men in my life, I should probably make known I have never made any of these happenings intentional... they just happen. like big black oil spots on highways after bumps.
1. First, let me introduce you to Farnsworth. Ed Farnsworth that is.
This dashing James Blonde is an actor at Desert Star Theatre. No, he is not necessarily "old", however, he is married, has kids, and looks great dressed up as a pirate. Ed Farnsworth is also famous for being my first kiss. (a story for another blog. yep guess that means you'll have to come back. )2. Ah and on your left is Bill the bus driver. Sadly I have no pictures for this great man. He would drive the shuttle everyday to school and I would always catch it at 8:00. He would greet me with a smile and talk to me everyday on the way to class. I worked at a coffee shop and he would find me later in the day to get his regular coffee or he'd find me in the library and ask me about my projects. He would tell me about the books he reads everyday while he waits for his wife. It also helped that he would wait for me as I ran as fast as I could trying not to slip on the icy roads in front of all the cars. Yep, definitely a fantastic man. I only wish I could see him again.
3. Kermit. No, not the frog but the world traveling singer. On my Friday adventures to the Senior Center where I would call Bingo to all my senior friends, Kermit would help me call but he definitely one-upped me... He would actually sing the call! Imagine, if you would, "B4" sung in a deep ascending melody that fills the whole room. This debonair man would come up to me, put his arm around me, and ask if he could get me a drink. He would always compliment me and eventually Kermit proposed. Right when I was calling bingo. (in case you were curious, no we did not get married. )
4. This man I met only yesterday.

He is my exterminator. You see, I live with some friends who like my blood. a lot. Also known as bed bugs. But we weren't friends for long which is where my exterminator comes in. He has an amazing white mustache since he was 18 because his brother once did something that left a scar on his lip. He used to work at a hospital but didn't like working for "the gods" so he quit on the spot and was escorted out to his car. Now he is an amazing exterminator who loves to party and remains single because "every woman my age is boring and not nearly as cool". I expect I will see him again...
Yep. Those are my old men. A gift wouldn't you say? come again soon.
Kendrick! AWESOME BLOG! I really loved it! especially the reference to the oil spots in the road.. I'll take that as reference to me (not because i'm oil though)... call me vain if you wish but nonetheless. Anyways Awesome Blog keep up the good work and i LOVE your writing style!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, love it! So much better than mine :)
ReplyDeleteOh Kenny dear you make me giggle! I love your stories you are such a happening girl!
ReplyDelete