You see, when he served his LDS mission in New York, he discovered something. Something called fashion. Suddenly, spending $80 on jeans was a wise investment.
For the first Christmas he was back, he gave me the gift of some of his fashion sense. That's why we look so gosh darn good in our engagement pictures.
Unfortunately, wearing really awesome jeans all the time eventually leads to holes in unfortunate places, and not the intentionally fashionable holes.
This means yours truly got a sewing machine last Mother's Day. Had I used it until a few hours ago? No, the sewing machine intimidated me. But today, I defeated it! My test subject, those nice expensive designer jeans of course.
Don't worry, I used very high quality fabric samples for the patches. Sometimes the benefits are just too much from being an interior designer.
So I sewed on some patches. Eric wanted the cool scribble effect, so I did my best. And yes, I know, my best isn't fabulous. But let's face it, you probably won't be looking very close considering where these patches are, at least you better not be!
Eventually I'll be good enough to sign my name with thread on the patches. Then everyone will want "Patches by Kendra". Just watch, it will be a thing.
So that's that! Sewing machine conquered! Just in time for the sewing activity for Young Women's this week. All I needed was a tight deadline and some bribery from my husband- new shoes for me!




No comments:
Post a Comment