Wednesday, March 6, 2013

my husband sleep talks.

Yes, he does.

Sometimes its a little question of asking when his sister is going to wake up in the morning.

Sometimes he is searching frantically for the beef jerky he lost under the covers.

Last night, he said, "Kendra, I just want you to know, your clock isn't right."

So I look at my clock, which reads 3:42. After I've come to the conclusion that, in fact, it's dead on, I had to ask him, "What makes you think that?"

"It just is. My clock is right. Yours is wrong."

We debated it a bit. His clock was maybe a couple minutes faster. But his stubborn ego was a couple miles bigger. The truth is, he just thinks his alarm clock is better than mine. Probably because it used to wake me up by scaring me to death.

After we reached no conclusion, he swiftly kissed me, told me he loved me, and went "back to sleep."

Even when he is crazy and obsessed about his "incredibly perfect" clock, at least his subconscious self still loves me.

Yep, married life rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment