This post is long overdue, but can you believe it? Eric and I have been married for 2 years! And it really has been amazing. I've loved it! Here are my top ten moments from our last year together (in no particular order)
10. Road trips. When Eric worked nights, I really just looked forward to going anywhere with him. The long car drives were the best. It's ridiculous, but being stuck in a car with your husband can be the best weekend ever. And anywhere we go is the best.
9. Planning everything. We love to plan ridiculous things. For example, I love to plan taking down the wall in our front room and making an awesomely perfect big room. Eric loves to plan getting a new car. We basically like to plan what it would be like to be rich. And we like to plan parties. And we like to plan all the tricks we'll play on our future children.
8. Our green babies. We planted a garden together! We named our green babies. We named our tree that looks like a stump half the year Stumpy and he even has his own theme song. Anyway, it's weird how weeding and taking care of our garden can be such a happy thing to do together. I've never liked weeding, but now it's just another excuse to be with my man.
7. Pretending we are athletes. Eric gave me Buster the bike and we went on an awesome bike ride where we basically collapsed at the end. Also, we are in the process of becoming tennis super stars. Eric, let's take pictures soon, as evidence. Otherwise, no one will believe us.
6. Making music together. We made that ridiculous music video a while ago, and it was seriously one of the funniest things to do on a free saturday. And now that I've gotten over my fear of singing in front of him, I really love when we just sing like crazy. Especially when its 2 in the morning and we are trying to stay awake on our drive to California.
5. Hosting. We have had a great time hosting parties- and yes we have been slacking and haven't hosted enough parties- I'm sorry! But one of the best things about hosting parties is Eric's tour of our new house. If you ever get a chance, I swear you will never be more excited to see the water heater in your whole life.
4. Watching. One of the most relaxing things to do is cuddle up on the couch and watch anything. It could be a silent movie, it could be sports, it could be a ridiculous tv show. But being with my husband and listening to his comments is hilarious.
3. Getting Scout. One of the best benefits to having a defeated back, is being able to convince your husband of anything- including getting a dog! He was not too keen on the idea, but I convinced him, and I have loved it! I think he does too... maybe. But mostly, I know he loves me because of it. For some reason, he still won't let us take a family picture of the three of us...
2. Buying a house together. This was one of the most stressful and exciting things ever! But I definitely couldn't have done it without him. He took control and helped make everything perfect. He is the best!
1. Becoming Newlyweds all over again. Ever since Eric got his new job, I have been able to see him so much more! But seriously, it's weird having to cook at normal hours of the day. And go to sleep at the same time- what?? Everyday is so much happier when I have him to look forward to.
I love you Eric! Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment