Sunday, August 8, 2010

Cotton Candy Girl

Today my awesome neighbor was giving everyone cotton candy. (thank you!) It reminded me of when I worked at Boondocks back in the day. What was I know for? Yes that's right. Cotton Candy Girl.

I would put on these great plastic gloves and stand behind the giant box where the magic happens. I'd pour the sugar in, and watch the cotton build.

I learned this great skill of taking my arm and whipping the cotton candy around and around, filling up giant bags.

I got really good at it, if I do say so myself. In fact, I kind of got to be a bit of a show. All the kids would gather around and press their faces against the glass. I was told they never sold so much cotton candy until I started.

It wasn't until later when I realized it wasn't my artistic skill that got the attention, "Hey mom! Look at the girl with the purple/blue/pink/green hair!"

Cotton candy is kind of sticky...

1 comment:

  1. So...I'm confused...was the color of your hair from the cotton candy, or were you going through an oddly dyed hair phase?

    ReplyDelete