Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Scale Experiments

Ok so I never weigh myself. It's not that I'm afraid to, I just never do. When people ask me what I weigh, I can honestly answer, "I don't know." It's the greatest thing really.

At the moment, I am living with my friend and one of the first things I notice is their scale in the bathroom. Not gonna lie, I got a little excited!

So yesterday, I get off of work and all of my friends are busy. I'm there alone. With the scale. Yes, that's right, it is experiment time! Here are my amazing pound gaining and losing results:


Eat lots of cheese and crackers. +1

Take an hour long nap. -2

Watch tv. +3

Eat peaches. +1

Shave my legs. -1 (yep, they were quite hairy)

Go to the bathroom. -2 (apparently I really had to go!)

Drink Orange Julius. +3

Do crunches for 30 seconds. -.2

Between the beginning of a movie to the end. -5 (mind you i did take out my contacts so that probably helped)


What I learned:
Take lots of naps.
Shave my legs more often.
Crunches actually work!
Watch movies, but not tv shows.
Go to the bathroom regularly.

Also, there is probably a reason why people only weigh themselves once a day or week...

2 comments:

  1. Are all those pluses and minuses in pounds? If so that is some pretty incredible variance. I always way myself in the morning before my shower, usually before and after going to the bathroom. I would say on average I lose .8 pounds. Anyway, that was a pretty entertaining read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad to know that movies are far better to watch for my weight than a TV show. I am excited to incorporate these into my own life. Thanks for experimenting . . . I wonder if it works for all people or if I need to come and visit you while you have a scale . . .

    ReplyDelete