Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Help



I LOVED this book. It is all about the people in Jackson, Mississippi in the 1960's. It really showed the emotions and actions of black maids and the white people they work for as well as the white babies they raise. Sometimes I don't like novels where the story is told is different perspectives but this one was perfect and I fell in love with all 3 of the main characters: Aibileen is a black maid that has raised white children all her life. Minny is Aibileen's best friend who works for a woman with a lot of secrets and is known for her phenomenal cooking, especially pies. Miss Skeeter is a white woman who wants to be a writer and has found an interesting, daring topic.

I loved how real life this novel felt and how, as a reader, I really connected with the characters. It is no wonder why this book has received so much hype and it's completely worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment