Maybe I'm getting old but I have really been getting into radio talk shows and podcasts. They are perfect when I'm doing something mindless. Here are some of my favorite podcasts (in no particular order):
1. Freakonomics
This was my first podcast I ever listened to thanks to Eric. I found the documentary/ movie on Netflix and really loved it. At first, I thought, "economics? gross." But actually the subjects they bring up are really interesting. I would recommend the documentary as well as the podcast. It's probably time I read the books since I'm a little obsessed with reading.
2. This American Life
Love this one. They basically take one subject and explore it through different experiences and different people. The most recent topics? Deception, Doppelgangers, and Self Improvement. This one is fairly hard to describe, but definitely worth checking out. If you don't think you like talk shows or podcasts, try this one out.
3. Stuff Mom Never Told You
This is definitely a girly one, and it's really just scientific facts. But I guess this is one of those shows that really demonstrates how much I don't know. Some of the topics are little weird, but if you skim through and choose the ones you are interested in, I find it has many interesting insights. And it's all done by down-to-earth girls who break it down into simple terms.
4. Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
This is basically a radio game show! Trivia of the weekly news. If you know me, you know I love the absurd news stories, the random things that happen out there, and this show tests contestants on all of those wonderful stories. It's a funny one.
5. Radio Lab
This one is pretty similar to This American Life in that it chooses a topic and runs with it. There's a lot of science, philosophy, and human experience. The subjects they choose just suck me in and then I usually want to discuss weird things with Eric. Basically this one and This American Life help me carry on educated conversations. In a cool way, of course.
6. The Truth
I'd say this is definitely the most unique podcast I've ever listened to. It is exactly as it describes- "Movies for Your Ears". They are fictional short films without picture. I love it. I love the sound effects and the acting, the different voices, and the stories. This is a really fun one. If anyone ever finds a podcast that is a sitcom, I think I would love it.
There you go, some of my favorite podcasts. I also like to listen to X96 in the morning and The Browser and Nightside on KSL. Anyone else have any favorites? Eric loves really nerdy gamer loser ones like Dota Insight, but I definitely wouldn't recommend that one. He's paying me with homemade strawberry ice cream to post that on here. Score for me!
This is cool. I'm going to look some of these up.
ReplyDeleteYeah, you definitely should! I think you would like them.
ReplyDelete