Monday, January 7, 2013

I cried the day I took the tree down

First of all, my husband had never even heard of that song until I told him about it. Not that he really missed out on much.

Second, I didn't cry because I took the tree down, necessarily. Actually it was quite nice to free up so much space in our living room! I may have cried when I realized I didn't take pictures of all the needles it left behind and the aftermath it caused. So instead I'll paint you a picture.

Imagine a night where you are pulling strings of lights off your dry tree (as you forgot to water it after Christmas was over) and taking millions of needles and branches off with it. Then picture Eric shoving the tree through the door (the tree is much wider than our doorway mind you) and sticking it in our garbage can, thus leaving a million more needles everywhere.

Are you drowning in the mess so far?

Then imagine me struggling with a vacuum that won't pick anything up. So Eric takes apart the vacuum with his manly tool set and we take the main tube to the bathroom where he holds one end over the toilet and I hold the other under the faucet. The water actually makes it through the tube, luckily, and shoots needles and dust into the toilet. Don't worry, it only clogged the toilet once.

Don't worry, our house is nice and clean now. And amazingly, it smells like our Christmas tree more than ever!

1st lesson learned: Don't stop watering the Christmas tree after Christmas!

2nd lesson learned: Next time this happens, because of course it will, remember to take pictures so the world can fully see everything, and not have to rely the power of imagination.

3rd lesson learned: Don't let Eric take hold of the silly string (thanks, Collette) right everything has been cleaned up. Bad idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment