The only problem is that even though my man is way above and beyond standard, the last two ice cream machines we've had don't even meet par. I got him a really nice one with better parts and it even came in a cute wood bucket for a recent special occasion of some sort and we decided to try it out a couple of nights ago.
We had it going for a while, and then the motor broke. So did my tummy's heart.
So Eric, the genius, most exceptional, husband that he is, put together this machine.
If you can't tell, the mixer is connected to a bunch of tools so we could mix the ice cream while spinning the bucket. Too bad the bucket handles that I once thought were endearing were in the way! New bucket:
So while I was mixing and watching Doctor Who, Eric was taking apart our ice cream maker and our old ice cream maker and combining different parts to make a whole new ice cream maker! What?!?
Sure enough, his hard work paid off. Yes, he had to hold the machine so it wouldn't rub off and break some more, and yes he had to sit on the hard kitchen floor for a bit, but I must say that was some extraordinary homemade strawberry ice cream.
Jealous, much?




No comments:
Post a Comment