I know what you're thinking. All Kendra blogs about anymore has to do with trees. And yes this is another tree story.
Have you ever read Red Ranger Came Calling?
It is a really awesome book that is perfect around Christmas time. I know, it's January, but trust me, you want to hear about this.
Spoiler Alert! I'm about to tell you how this book goes. If you don't want to hear about it, read this book, then come back.
This book is about a boy who lives on an island with his aunt. He calls himself the Red Ranger from Mars and desperately wants a Red Ranger bicycle for Christmas. He refuses to believe in Santa Claus but decides to pay a visit to Lord Sander Clos, a hermit who is rumored to be Claus himself.
To make a quick summary, Red asks for a "Official Buck Tweed Two-Speed Crime-Stopper Star-Hopper bicycle" to prove who Sander Clos really is.
When Christmas morning arrives Red does not find his bicycle. His reaction is beyond mad. If you don't believe me, please get this book! Because seriously, the illustration is incredible.
Now, this is the real spoiler, so don't complain that I didn't give you enough warning. Red stomps up to Sander Clos's house angry, but as soon as he sees how excited Clos is, Red makes up the happiest story of how wonderful his new bike is and how he rode it everywhere and that it was the best gift ever. They are both so happy. Truly, Red gave Clos the gift he always wanted.
As Red walks home, he looks up and sees something-
"So if not exactly a Tweed bicycle, then surely a treed one...placed there by a strange old man whose ears had failed him before his heart did."
The last page of this book has a photograph-
Now you may be thinking, nice photoshop work. That is pretty cool. But, it is real! And I never knew until ksl brought it up on the news here.
What what?? Is that not the coolest ever?!
I've already explained to Eric that I'm making an executive decision about the future. See, we are going to read this book to our kids. And then one day, we will take a trip to Vashon Island, Washington and find this tree.
Because who says you should ever stop believing?



No comments:
Post a Comment