Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The last couple of weeks

have been crazy. And so up and down. So here are a few things that probably each deserve their own blog post, but this post will run more like brain. Scrambled.

1. Last week was tough. My friend, Eric Anderson, passed away in a bike accident. This week has been full of tears and reminiscing. My dad and I went to the Utah State football game (okay, Utah was there too) and at half time, the USU marching band did a nice tribute for him. They had a moment of silence and they kept his spot open. We went to the funeral on Saturday, and it was really beautiful. Funerals are definitely not a fun thing, but definitely one of the most spiritual things. I'm so impressed with his family and how strong they are. It was amazing to hear so many great stories about him, and to know he lived his life to the fullest, and to the happiest. I'm just so grateful to know that we will see him again. And to know that he is happy now and living in such a good place.



2. So, my dad took me to the football game, and it was awesome! He has season tickets on the front row of the end zone, and invited me to go on a daddy daughter date. During the part where the Aggies were winning (most of the game really) this guy came up and told us we should really cheer more. Then he told us to write down our names for the newspaper. We kind of shrugged it off, but he convinced us. He took some pictures, but mostly where I was the only one cheering in that section (no one else was cheering for the right team) so I figured we'd only be in the paper if the Aggies won. When the Aggies lost, I took a long walk surrounded by red. People kept offering me hugs. Weird. We had a good time, but I thought nothing of it until my friend texted me the next morning telling me he saw me on the front page of the newspaper... wait, front page?!? Believe me, I was shocked. And I continued to be shocked when I posted it on facebook only to receive 105 likes! People, you are all awesome.



3. We went to Yuba Lake with Eric's family this weekend. Love it there. I wish I had taken pictures when we first got there, because the water was perfectly smooth. I couldn't believe how smooth it was. Unfortunately it didn't last long. Later, there was an incredible sand storm and rain storm and we all huddled up in trailers. Of course, the sand castle survived. who said building on sand was foolish? Also, I loved talking to family - the best company!

4. Red Velvet Ice Cream is so good.

5. Eric and I went on a hot date the other night. We went window shopping at Target, basically my favorite store ever. I don't know what it is about that place, but it was so fun. We followed it up with dinner at Iceberg, and while looking for Iceberg, we found the Up House! I can't even tell you how happy I was that we happened upon it.



6. Bonnie, my car, has always had her weird quirks. She just developed a new one. The volume control for the stereo is now controlled by the gas and brake pedal. Gas = louder; Brake = quieter. Ha! I couldn't stop laughing when I was driving home tonight on Bangerter. Coolest trick ever. Until it ends up being something serious...

2 comments:

  1. Alex says your car problem is the alternator. Kinda funny, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...there's an up house? I had no idea. :)

    ReplyDelete